The steel G-101 class torpedo boat G-103 was originally designed as part of an order from the Argentinia Navy from Krupp Gemania Dockyard, Kiel for four identical vessels. During her design she was named Sante-Fe but, with the outbreak of World War One, the four vessels were diverted for use by the German Navy. G-103 was launched on 14th November 1914 and measured 312.75′ x 30.5′ x 12.0′ She displaced 1116 tons. She was powered by two steam turbine engines by Germania delivering 29400 shaft horse power making her capable of speeds over 33 knots.
Her powerful armament consisted of 4 x 10.0 cm torpedo guns, 2 x 50 cm deck mounted guns, 2 x 50 cm double deck guns, and she carried 24 mines. She was commissioned on 11th May 1915 and joined the three other ships in the class to form the 2nd Torpedo Boat Flotilla. The Flotilla was present at the Battle of Jutland but G-103 saw little action before the war ended and she, along with the rest of the German High Seas Fleet, was interned in Scapa Flow on 22nd December 1918.
Anchored near Cava she was scuttled with the majority of the fleet on 21st June 1919 although she and her sister ship G-104 which were anchored in shallow water near Cava capsized rather than sank completely making her salvage relatively simple.
She was raised on 30th September 1925 and started her final voyage, to the breakers yard of the Forth under tow by the tug Audax. On 25th November 1925 she broke loose from the tow in rough weather and was swept ashore at Locheilair one mile west of Rosehearty. She was later heavily salvaged ashore before being abandoned. The scattered remains of the salvage operation are visible ashore at approximate position 57° 41.819’N, 02° 07.709’W